The Landing Page Tour
(For a larger image see the attachment to this article)
Research a Stock or ETF
By Security Name
Begin typing the company or ETF name. With each additional letter our database narrows the choices further. In the case of Vodafone, the drop down will show you several companies and identify them with the associated country. You might want to look at VOD-GB for Vodafone Group PLC in the UK or at VODE-DE for Vodafone Group PLC in Germany. Ensure that the company you are interested in is highlighted and hit enter or click your mouse.
Begin typing the ticker. Since we cover over 45,000 stocks and 1500 ETFs, the drop down menu may feature more than one ticker. In the case of Exxon Mobil the drop down menu shows XOM as well as XOMA. Choose XOM, the ticker associated with Exxon Mobil in the menu and hit enter.
You'll be taken to is a Summary for the company or ticker you choose. From there you can dive deeper into more analysis.
Summary and other tabs for Stocks (for ETFS scroll further down)
- When you input a company ticker you will land on the page shown below in the screenshot which summarizes key points about the stock:
i) Stock Price: This includes the 52-week range for the stock and its peers. The peer list can be customized by our PRO users on the right panel (see image).
ii) Star Ratings: Some of CapitalCube's star ratings based on the company's peers appear here.
iii) KPEG Characteristics: Ratios for Key Valuation Items, Profitability, Efficiency and Growth (scroll to view, the image below is truncated).
iv) Company Alerts: Recent alerts for the company.
- The Peer Analysis tab contains tables comparing the company and its peers across Key Valuation items (P/B, P/E, PEG Ratio etc.), Profitability ratios (ROE, ROA etc.), Efficiency ratios (like Debt/Equity and Coverage Ratio), Growth (Earnings growth YOY, Revenue growth YOY etc.) as well as Fundamental characteristics, corporate and earnings assessments and dividend quality ratings.
- Trends: Visualize trends for the company relative to peers from this page of graphs.
- The Analysis tab takes you to the following in-depth reports: Fundamental Analysis, Likely Corporate Actions, Dividend Quality and Earnings Quality.
- Alerts: The most recent alerts about change of status for the company can be viewed from this tab.
- Chart tab: Graph comparative price charts for a stock versus its peers, standard indices etc from this tab. Choose from intraday to 20 year time frames and a variety of upper and lower indicators. This functionality is currently limited to North American securities.
- News: Access recent news for the company and its peers here. We currently cover news for North American securities.
- Financials: Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement for the company can be found here and viewed either in Filing Currency or Common Size %.
Summary and other tabs for ETFs
- When you click on an ETF you will land on the page shown below in the screenshot which summarizes key points about the ETF:
i) ETF Price: This includes the 52-week range for the ETF and its peers. The peer list can be customized by our PRO users on the right panel (see image).
ii) ETF Profile: A summary of the fund
iii) Top 10 holdings: List of the ETFs top holdings and the percentage of the ETF these constitute.
iv) Top Upside and Downside contributors to the ETF based on daily gain and loss.
v) Charts of Sector, Asset and Country Allocation of the ETF.
- The Peer Analysis tab contains tables comparing the ETF and its peers across Performance (price return, net expenses etc.), Volatility and Number of Holdings, Fund flows, daily trading volume and other fund details, Investment Styles and Fund Index and Index weighting scheme.
- Constituent Analysis: Visualize the risk of an ETF across all its fundamental characteristics as well as other dimensions like earnings, dividends and corporate actions. You can answer questions like how many of a dividend-appreciation ETF's components are actually paying out high quality dividends. This page has both graphical and tabular data for easy comparison.
- News: Access recent news for the ETF and its peers here.
- Chart: Graph comparative price charts for an ETF versus its peers and standard indicesfrom this tab. Choose from intraday to 20 year time frames and a variety of upper and lower indicators.
Screen for a Stock or ETF
Are step-by-step post for screening stocks is located here.
Import your portfolio into your account. Here's the full post.
You can set up notifications on a portfolio or watchlist of stocks and ETFs. Here is a walk-through.